For the Marmalade
|500g||Washed Seville Oranges|
- Slice the oranges in half and squeeze out the juice, remove and keep pips to one side.
- Chop the peel into fine shreds and place in a preserving pan with the orange and lemon juice and water.
- Tie the pips in muslin and add to th epan. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1-1½ hours until the fruit is very soft and the liquid has reduced by half.
- Turn the heat down, add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Boil again fro 10 minutes skimming any froth from the top.
- Spoon a little marmalade onto a cold plate and put in the fridge for 5 minutes. If it sets to a jelly, it's ready, if not - boil for 5-10 minutes more and test again.
- Cool slightly, pour into clean jars and cover.