Gingerbread Loaf Cake
For the Loaf
|175g||Dark Brown Soft Sugar|
|175g||Self Raising Flour|
|175g||Self Raising Wholemeal Flour|
|50g||Crystallised Ginger (Finely Diced)|
- Preheat your oven to 160°C (fan 140°C, gas mark 3) and line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Melt together the butter, sugar, golden syrup and treacle in a pan on a low heat, set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour and ground ginger and add the crystallised ginger. Pour in the melted butter mixture and stir until evenly mixed.
- Next add the eggs and milk and beat together.
- Pour the mixture into the tin making sure it is level, then place in the oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes clean out of the centre of the cake. Set aside to cool then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.