These low-calorie scones are really easy to make and great for your waistline too! Why not add a handful of sultanas to make fruit scones.
For the Scones
|225g||Allinson Self Raising Flour|
|½ tsp||Baking Powder|
|50g||Low Fat Spread|
|1||Egg - Large|
|20g||Truvia Calorie Free Sweetener|
- Preheat oven to 220°C / Gas 6.
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl, add the low fat spread and rub in to make breadcrumb texture. Stir in the Truvía® and salt.
- In a jug beat the egg and add milk to make up to 150ml.
- Add the milk egg mixture gradually and mix with a knife, you may not need it all. When the mixture starts to come together use your hands to form a ball, the dough should be soft but not sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface and press out to a depth of about 2cm. Cut rounds and place on a baking tray. Glaze with remaining egg and bake for 15-18 mins until risen and golden in colour.