Reduced Sugar Oat and Raisin Cookies
These oat and raisin cookies are quick, easy and delicious. Enjoy as cookies or why not serve with ice cream for a special treat!
For the Cookies
|1 tbsp||Golden Syrup|
|70g||Demerara Sugar with Stevia|
|1/2 tsp||Ground Cinnamon|
|100g||Plain White Flour|
|1/2 tsp||Bicarbondate of Soda|
- Line two trays with baking paper and preheat oven to 170°C (fan 150°C, gas mark 3).
- Using an electric whisk, cream both sugars with the melted butter until pale and fluffy. Add the whole egg and the egg yolk, along with the vanilla extract and blend again on a slow speed, until smooth.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda. Add this to the wet ingredients and fold.
- Add the oats and raisins to this mixture and finally add the dark and white chocolate chips.
- To ensure the cookies are all a similar size, use an ice cream scoop to scoop the mixture onto the lined trays (each cookie should contain about 2 tbsp mixture). Don’t press the mixture down and make sure you leave plenty of room between each cookies as they will spread as they cook.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes then place on a cooling rack to cool.